If you are thinking about purchasing a home in Gwinnett, North Fulton, Cobb or Fosyth County, you need to watch this video. Mark Lackey , Team Leader of Atlanta Housing Source @ Solid Source Realty, Inc. discusses how the right real estate agent can save you thousands on your home purchase.
If you are considering buying a home, fill out the contact information and allow one of our real estate professionals meet with you to share how we can save you money, time, and prevent you from making some mistakes in your real estate transaction.
[contact-form subject=”AHS Video Lead – CALL NOW” to=”email@example.com”] [contact-field label=”Name” type=”name” required=”true” /] [contact-field label=”Email” type=”email” required=”true” /] [contact-field label=”Phone” type=”text” /] [contact-field label=”Anything we need to know?” type=”textarea” /] [/contact-form]
As agents working with both buyers & seller, we always get the question – what is this home worth? In today’s market this probably is the “million dollar question”. With foreclosures, short sales, and bank owned homes, determining market value is a challenge.
With the number of increasing free web tools like Zillow & Trulia, buyers that are looking at homes for sale in Gwinnett county and other counties nearby, there is a lot of information. However, upon analysis, some of the information is flawed and inaccurate. While we, as agents, do look at those tools to get a picture of the surrounding market, we do so much more to get a true picture of home valuation.
So why can’t we rely on these free tools? A lot of the information that they give is outdated and some sales are not even recorded via traditional means. The market is changing very fast. When we meet with sellers or buyers, we take the time to fully research all the data to accurately determine market value. Some of the data that we use is not available to the general public. So to have the latest information whether buying or selling, you need to feel comfortable with the data to make sure that you are not leaving money on the table nor overpaying for a home.
As a seller, you need to understand how to price your home fairly and to make sure your home attracts the best buyers to see your home. Without viewings, you will never sell your home. If you are over-priced, buyers will overlook your home in favor of other comparable homes that are a better value. All the marketing in the world cannot overcome inflated value.
As a buyer, you want to make sure that your offer is well thought out so that you have the best opportunity to secure your dream home, but not overpay. A good buyer’s agent can help you research and then craft a strong offer to get you the best price. Making a compelling logical offer will appeal to the seller and therefore provide you a better chance to secure the home.
Interested in knowing the true value of a home? Contact Mark Lackey for a free appointment with one of our experienced agents to help you – 404.886.8789.
In today’s confusing market, it is imperative that a Buyer have representation in the home buying transaction. The Seller is represented by their listing agent exclusively and it is not in your best interest as a Buyer to use them as your agent when buying a home in Gwinnett. Remember, representation does not cost the Buyer a cent! The Seller pays all real estate commissions, so in essence you are receiving exclusive representation for free!
Below is a brief outline of many of the responsibilities entailed in being your Buyer’s Representative:
- We will represent your best interests.
- We will meet with you to review all your needs and provide you with relevant information to help you determine what houses best suit your needs.
- We will use the information discussed to narrow down all the possibilities to those that meet your specifications.
- We will provide you with reputable lenders offering competitive rates who will work with you to establish your credit and financial criteria to insure that you can afford and purchase your dream home once we find it.
- We establish a timeframe for purchase to make sure that your housing requirements are met.
- We will keep all personal information confidential.
- We will establish our commitment to you in writing through a Buyers Brokerage Agreement that will allow us to represent your interests exclusively.
- We will find all available homes that meet your criteria including those that are outside of the Multiple Listing Services (MLS).
- We will help you evaluate the properties to assist in your decision of which home to write an offer.
- We will prepare a competitive marketing analysis of your selected properties to assist you in making a favorable offer.
- We will thoroughly explain the Purchase and Sale Agreement so you have a clear understanding of your obligations and the sellers obligations, review the timing & requirements of the due diligence period, and assist with any special stipulations that will benefit you.
- We will recommend that you hire a competent home inspector to evaluate the physical structure of the home.
- We will provide you with a list of recommended vendors to assist you with each step of the process including – attorneys, home inspectors, home warranty providers, title companies, repair services, moving services, etc.
- We will make sure your legal ramifications of the contract are being met by reminding you of the critical dates of action items to make sure that the contract is moving forward.
- We will follow up with your lender to make sure everything is proceeding as planned and confirm with you the funds required for your home purchase.
- We will set up a final walk through of the property right before closing to make sure the home is in the expected condition before closing.
- We will attend the closing with you to make sure you are represented in case there is an issue at the closing table.
Want more information about how we can work FOR YOU? – Mark Lackey, Associate Broker with Solid Source Realty will be happy to share why home buyers need representation when purchasing a home. Mark & his team of agents help clients in Gwinnett, North Fulton, Forsyth & Cobb counties. Call today at 404.886.8789 and speak with Mark Lackey about how we can help you achieve your dreams of Home Ownership!
Why would you want a Real Estate Agent help you?
People who are buying a home need someone to protect their interests. A buyer’s agent will guide them along the way. We help buyers by helping them negotiate the best price, walk them through the buying process, and guide them through the “due diligence” period to make sure that you are getting the best deal and not leaving valuable money on the table.
What do you have to pay to a Buyer’s Agent? Nothing! We get paid from the seller so all you need to do is sign a document of representation called a Buyer’s Brokerage Agreement and we become your Buyer’s Agent. We look after your best interests. The listing agent always represents the seller’s best interests – not yours!
Here’s the process: You find a home that you like. We specialize in Gwinnett, Cobb, North Fulton & Forsyth, but we can help you with homes anywhere in the Atlanta, GA area. We work with you through the whole process & you buy your dream home! Our professional buying team is with you every step of the way – right up through closing.
At the closing, a percentage of the selling price goes toward commission for the real estate agents. If the buyer has no agent the entire commission goes to the listing agent. When a buyer’s agent is involved in the transaction the commission is split with the listing agent. Therefore, the buyer is not charged a fee for the services that we provided, but gets all the benefits of being our client. So if you are not represented or we represent you with all of our resources and experience, the cost to you remains the same – absolutely nothing!
If you would like more information about how this can work to your advantage – Call us today at 404.886.8789 and speak with Mark Lackey about how we can help you achieve your dreams of Home Ownership!