Warning: in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, string given in /home4/solidsou/public_html/atlantahousingsource/wp-content/plugins/facebook-button-plugin/facebook-button-plugin.php on line 277
Warning: in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, string given in /home4/solidsou/public_html/atlantahousingsource/wp-content/plugins/facebook-button-plugin/facebook-button-plugin.php on line 280
It’s the time of year when we start thinking about opening the pool for summertime fun. The following are pool and spa safety tips from The Association of Pool & Spa Professionals:
- A minimum 4-foot-high enclosure should isolate the swimming pool at all times. Even if an accident happens while strangers trespass in your yard, you can be held accountable and negligible. The fence should not be chain-link, as these are easy to climb.
- An impenetrable cover over the pool and spa while the area is not under supervision is one of the best options for ensuring safety.
- An alarm on doors, fences, in pools and as a clip-on for children can alert you when an unwanted entrance to your pool, spa or hot tub happens.
- Keep a telephone outside for fast, easy access in case you need to summon help.
- Children should not be allowed in a hot tub until they can stand on the bottom and have their head remain completely out of the water.
- Children who are big enough to be in a hot tub should not use it for more than 5 minutes at a time at the maximum temperature of 104 degrees. Dropping the temperature to 98 degrees can allow for a few more minutes of soaking, but never more than 15 minutes at a time.
- It is recommended that children avoid full-body immersion in hot tubs, choosing instead to sit on “jump seats” that permit waist-high immersion.
If you’re looking for a home with a pool or spa, we can custom search properties for you and find your dream home. Call Mark Lackey today at 404-886-8789 and let his team of professionals assist you with all of your real estate needs in Metro Atlanta to include Gwinnett, Cobb, Forsyth, Fulton, Dekalb, and Henry.