If you have an older home, you need to be able to recognize the signs that indicate it’s time to consider replacing your windows. Here are some tips:
- Look for cold or warm spots near the inside of your windows. This means that the window is not insulating the house adequately.
- Check for frost and ice buildup on the exterior of the house near doors and windows.
- Be on the lookout for drafts. Run a lighted candle around a window’s edge. If it flickers, then drafts are coming in through that window.
- Make sure your windows operate smoothly. It shouldn’t take effort to open and close them.
- Realize that if you find yourself propping your windows open with a stick, it’s time to replace them!
If you would like to replace your home instead of replacing your windows, contact Mark Lackey today (404-886-8789) with Atlanta Housing Source to find out more about how he and his team can assist you with all of your real estate needs in Metro Atlanta – whether buying or selling in Gwinnett, Cobb, DeKalb, Forsyth, North Fulton, or Henry counties.